E21 – Gaia
Scirra has informed me that due to an issue, the Arcade doesn’t support the subtitles from my game right now. My first thought was to remove the game from the website, since the lack of subtitles compromise the experience considerably, but I noticed that there are still people trying to play the game, and I hope that some brave souls might reach the game’s second phase and tell me about their experience.
You found yourself gravely wounded in a desert, and were assisted by a being which is… Different. It’s being hunted, and now, caught up between this struggle, you need to fight for your survival.
I’ll provide instructions on what to do, due to the lack of subtitles:
– Click a few times on the subtitles box to get the game started, there are some strings which, although you can’t see, are happening.
– You need to collect fruits in order to heal.
– Collect crystals by breaking stones (with the left mouse button), and deliver at least 4 to the “plant.”
– Once you are level one, you’ll be able to explore the map either way, left or right.
– Charm 6 creatures of each species offering fruits to them.
Each creature, when added as a companion, gives you a certain bonus. From down upwards:
– The first creature allows you to see cloaked units.
– The second creature diminishes the attack rate of your attackers.
– The third creature diminishes your attacker’s movement speed.
– The fourth creature increases your mind-attack power.
– The fifth creature increases your defense.
– The crystal’s purity affects your stats on both phases, collect as much as you can before going to the second section.
– On the second phase, select an upgrade to be performed and confirm by clicking on the fruit icon.
A brief description of each upgrade:
– The first unit: Increases the agility of flight, avoiding sometimes ranged attacks reducing the average damage taken.
– The second unit: Becomes enraged when starting an attack increasing damage.
– The third unit: Increases running speed allowing retaliate ranged attacks.
– The fourth unit: The secondary attack also hits nearby units of the target.
– The fifth unit: Increases the resistance of the web hindering the target breaks free, lowering their morale. Low morale reduces the average damage.